Weld-IT: Preparation and execution of welding and NDE work
Weld-IT® is a software application developed for the preparation, execution and quality control of welding. With this application it is possible for all parties (welding contractors, NDE contractors, welding inspectors and others) to work in one central environment regarding the progress and general status of Piping/Equipment welding, NDE and corresponding completion.
- All welds can be viewed and analyzed in detail.
- All isometric, LISLs, inspection, Non Destructive Examination (NDE), certificates etc. are digitally attached and compiled into one fabrication book.
- Manage your certificates and related material, link it to your LISL without typing data.
- An overview of all welding activities per isometric, both shop and field.
- The work process is configured based on rights and roles, each welding contractor works from his own project environment.
- Per project an overview of welding activities, NDE and Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT).
- Create your welding lists with an easy-to-use copy function.
- Historical data can easily be stored in the Weld-IT archive and printed including the necessary certificates and files.
"By using Weld-IT during our last Turnaround we had a better picture of the progress of welding, outstanding NDE and, as a bonus, faster production of Fabrication books because they are digitally composed in Weld-IT."
Marcel Minnaard - Lead Work Preparator, Methods & Tools Zeeland Refinery
Line Inspection Summary List - LISL
In Weld-IT® LISLs are created. In a LISL all information about the welded joints that need inspection is entered and managed. All technical information about welding activities comes together in this application. The LISL can for instance be provided with information about test systems and documentation like inspection plans, welding procedures and isometrics.
Experience shows that a complete A to Z LISL is created by several people. A work planner will often take the first step and define the welding, but linking materials and requesting NDE can easily be somebody else's job. Weld-IT therefore has a structure based on rights which can differ per project.
Request and management of Non Destructive Examination (NDE)
In Weld-IT® the entire process from requesting NDE to execution and result can be followed and managed on weld connection level.
A handy feature is that NDE requests can be done beforehand, but will not be visible for the contractor until it is released. So when there are Field welds the NDE request can be done already, making it clear in advance which NDE work can be expected. In the NDE work process a schedule can be integrated as well and progress can be viewed on wallpapers.
Because Weld-IT® is fully integrated with the material management system of Roser, Supply-IT, all necessary information regarding materials can directly be added and viewed.
It is even possible to digitally attach material certificates, which are administered by the warehouse in Supply-IT, to the welding activities in Weld-IT. This way certificates are easily available for inspection.