To successfully implement the Roser Software in your organization, your employees and other users need to be familiar with our software. Participating in Roser E-Learning by Roser ConSys B.V. ensures they are.
Available E-Learning courses:
- Systems-IT® - Work preparation (WP)
- Systems-IT® - QAQC & Handover (QAQC/HO)
- Systems-IT® - WP Code user
Our E-Learning courses are accessible through the internet. The Systems-IT course, for example, aims to teach users how to cope independently with the various modules within the program, such as work preparation, estimations, materials etc. Students study the application from the viewpoint of work preparation.
The principle of E-Learning is that students become familiar with the subject by reading clearly explained theory about the software, offered to them step-by-step. They can bring this knowledge into practice in the provided demo environment of the software. Here students will execute assignments and answer theoretical and practical questions.
The course is accessible through the internet and allows participants to study from their office or home. Also, it is possible for students to support one another via an online forum or ask for online assistance from Roser ConSys B.V. The course is divided into logical modules, which are periodically updated based on the current developments within the software. After studying the theory and making the practical exercises, students can take an online exam. Upon successful completion of the course a “Certificate of knowledge” of the respective application is provided.
1.1. Features of Roser E-Learning
- Based on registration students receive the necessary login codes for the period of the course -8 weeks-, to access E-Learning and the demo environment. A PC with Windows operating system and internet access is required. (Roser advises to use the most recent version of Windows and to update your browser regularly.) For operation of the software a Citrix client should be installed once (a link is provided with information). The theoretical course documentation can be accessed via the relevant E-Learning module.
- For each module the student can approach the theory, make practical assignments and simulate practice (if necessary by means of exercises) in a Roser demo environment. Also, in the last week before the exam they can participate in a practical test.
- Students and Roser teachers can monitor the progress made in the course. Per group, course, module or student the grade and progress are visible.
- The forum allows students to correspond with each other and to ask the teacher questions.
- The student has access to a demo environment of the application. Here, each student will find at least 2 scopes on his user name to practice. Practice assignments that are part of the course can be carried out in the application to simulate the reality. Doing this, the student has a proper preparation for the exam and daily usage of the application.
- The Roser teacher can look into the applications, e.g. Roser Scope-IT® and follow the activities of the student.
- The final module of each course is the exam. Each student can make the exam only once, on a certain date and time, from home or his/her office. The Systems-IT - Work preparation exam takes 1 hour and 45 minutes. The Blind-IT exam takes 75 minutes. The exams for Scope-IT, Schedule-IT and Weld-IT will take 60 minutes. The Systems-IT - QAQC & Handover exam will take 55 minutes and the Systems-IT - WP Code user exam will take 45 minutes. Exams consist of multiple choice and open questions. The answers are assessed by the teacher. Exam results will be announced to students by email and no later than 2 weeks after the final test was made.
- Grades are granted on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 Being the best result. Students will graduate with a grade of 6 or higher. Based on this grade one gets a Certificate of knowledge with a validity of two years. Grades from 6 to 6,9 get a sufficient result. From 7 to 7,9 amply sufficient. From 8 to 8,9 is good and from 9 to 9,9 is very good. A 10 means excellent result, zero failures. Each certificate can be revalidated after two years. after successfully concluding a re-test or shortcut course (for more information see “terms and conditions”).
We recommend your employees to take part in Roser E-Learning. The advantages of E-Learning at a glance:
- Users learn to work independently with the software, learning-by-doing has been proven effective;
- Students are tested on their practical knowledge by means of practice questions and assignments;
- Online support by Roser teachers and consultation between students through the forum;
- Together with your staff, you decide if the course is done during working hours or otherwise;
- Attractive price- quality ratio of E-Learning;
- When a student passes the exam he/she will receive the Roser “Certificate of knowledge”.
2. Practical information Roser E-Learning
- Scope-IT: persons liable for reporting scope (turnaround work / notifications) and persons liable for scope challenge and decision (e.g. TAR management, block leads etc.).
- Systems-IT - Work preparation (WP): work planners, preferably with some relevant work experience.
- Systems-IT - QAQC & Handover (QAQC/HO): QAQC employees and work planners with QAQC tasks. Preferably with some Roser experience.
- Systems-IT - WP Code user: contractors and planners who are invited to give feedback / make additions to the work package of a WP Holder.
- Schedule-IT: people responsible for the scheduling of resources needed in a maintenance project.
- Blind-IT: Operations (production) employees responsible for creating blind lists.
- Weld-IT: Work planners who need to prepare (specific) welding jobs.
Available languages, duration and study load for each course:
|Course||Available languages||Duration private study||Scheduling exam*||Average study load**|
|Scope-IT||NL/EN||3 weeks||4th week||15 to 20 hours|
|Systems-IT - Work preparation||NL/EN/DE/FR||4 weeks||5th week||25 to 30 hours|
|Systems-IT - QAQC & Handover||NL/EN||2 weeks||3rd week||10 hours|
|Systems-IT - WP Code user||NL||2 weeks||3rd week||15 hours|
|Schedule-IT||EN||3 weeks||4th week||15 to 20 hours|
|Blind-IT||NL/EN||3 weeks||4th week||20 to 25 hours|
|Weld-IT||NL||3 weeks||4th week||15 to 20 hours|
*It is possible to schedule the exam on a different moment. Do keep in mind the average self-study time (see below). Also, there is a maximum access duration of 8 weeks in total (see our terms and conditions).**The given times are an average and serve to give you an indication. The actual needed study time depends on the students' practical- and computer experience.
When to start?
Commencing Roser E-Learning is always in agreement with Roser ConSys B.V., but within 3 Dutch working days after receiving the PO/payment. Please make sure to indicate a start date on the online application form that fits the availability of the student.
Number of participants
A maximum of 60 participants per month. Enrolling 2 weeks in advance using the registration form. In case of maximum capacity the student will be registered for the subsequent course after consultation.
Guidance by and the opportunity to ask teachers questions through the Roser E-Learning forum, by email or telephone (during office hours). On a regular basis teachers will be online to answer questions and follow progression.
Per course, students can make use of one afternoon or evening visitation. In this max. 2 hour session, students can practice in Roser together with a teacher and questions can be asked about the application. These sessions take place in the Roser office in Dordrecht. Laptops will be provided for and there is no extra charge for this service. Optional: on request it is possible to arrange a session on location for groups during the course. A fee will be charged for this on site training and such a training can only be arranged in combination with Roser E-Learning. (More information can be found in our terms and conditions E-Learning).
Exams can be taken online and are set on a specified time and date for each individual student, during office hours (9:00-17:00h CET). Roser requires the candidate to confirm the exam date via email or telephone. In consultation exams can be taken at other moments as well; though Tuesday mornings at 10.00h CET are standard. During the exam teachers are available by email and telephone in case immediate support is needed. The exam questions are accessible via E-Learning. Parallel the assignments need to be executed in the demo environment. Possible re-exams are in consultation (max. 1 per person).
Based on the results of this exam one receives a “Certificate of knowledge” which is valid for 2 years. All participants certified for Roser will be registered at Roser ConSys B.V. The certificate can be renewed after a renewal test or shortcut course.
3. Cost Roser E-Learning
|Scope-IT||€ 650,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Systems-IT - Work preparation||€ 650,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Systems-IT - QAQC & Handover||€ 325,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Systems-IT - WP Code user||€ 325,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Schedule-IT||€ 695,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Blind-IT||€ 650,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
|Weld-IT||€ 650,- (excl. VAT) per course and per student.|
Unless mentioned otherwise, these prices are including:
- Access to Roser E-Learning website and the Roser demo environment for the duration of the course;
- Online and telephone assistance. The teachers are regularly online to answer questions and to monitor progress;
- 1 Contact moment at the Roser office in Dordrecht for questions and advice, if needed;
- 1 Exam cost, 1 re-exam and certificate.
4. Applying for Roser E-Learning
Applying for a course can be done using the digital application form on our website and after discussing the start date for the course with Roser ConSys B.V. For more information about applying for a course and the course design we refer to the terms and conditions E-Learning.